GM 3-speed gearbox with 4.0 V8??

Nachrichten werden nach 30 Tagen gelöscht. Aufgrund von zuviel Spam dürfen nur noch registrierte Mitglieder Beiträge schreiben, und Gäste nur noch lesen.

Moderator: hannes

UK-Rekordcoupe
Postleitzahl: 0

GM 3-speed gearbox with 4.0 V8??

Ungelesener Beitrag von UK-Rekordcoupe »

Hey Guys

I am fitting a 200+BHP Rover V8 to a rekord c coupe, i am changing the front and rear axle to Commo A ones but i want to keep the original gearbox so i dont have to adjust the linkage and tunnel. i want all the mods to be on the engine ( not the shell). I want to know if a stripdown/rebuild of the box with a heavyduty torque converter will make it take the power of the new engine. i am willing to do what ever it takes, what have you guys done? Thanks, Rich.

lars
Postleitzahl: 70794
Land: Deutschland

Re: GM 3-speed gearbox with 4.0 V8??

Ungelesener Beitrag von lars »

do yourselve a favor and change the gearbox. use the rover gearbox, this will stand the power, the th180 not. as far as i can remember, the rover automatic is not that big....

i drive a chevy small block with a manual 5-speed. this makes lots of fun and there is no need to change the tunnel. i know there is a manual gearbox for the rover, too. think about this ;)

UK-Rekordcoupe
Postleitzahl: 0

Re: GM 3-speed gearbox with 4.0 V8??

Ungelesener Beitrag von UK-Rekordcoupe »

Thanks Lars, Ive just had a look on UK ebay for a rover auto gearbox and they're not cheap! will a V8 box fit with no chopping of the transmission tunnel? Thanks, Rich.

Antworten