New Guy from UK '69 Rekord coupe

Restaurations- und Werkstattberichte, Vorstellung eurer Fahrzeuge
UK-Rekordcoupe
Postleitzahl: 0

New Guy from UK '69 Rekord coupe

Ungelesener Beitrag von UK-Rekordcoupe »

Hey guys! i was refered to you buy an opel dealer on german ebay, this forum is great! ive just aquried a UK spec Rekord coupe that i intend to restore but this country is crap for getting old skool parts as the government doesent want you to have an old car! so i'll be looking for many parts on here. ive just finished a 4 year long project of a Vauxhall astra Mk2 GTE 16V (Kadett GSI) its a magazine worthy show winner and scary fast! running 310BHP via C20XE with nitrous. with my Opel rekord i intend to restore it to the same quality as the astra, here are some pics.....

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Now the rekord!

Bild

Bild

Bild

Dr_Gonzo
Postleitzahl: 1279
Land: Deutschland
Re: New Guy from UK '69 Rekord coupe

Ungelesener Beitrag von Dr_Gonzo »

hello and moin moin,

what that for a picture quality, looks like a sand storm :D

good luck with the Rekord :)
Gossensprache:Wenn du nicht säuft,rauchst und vögelst,warum lebst du dann Du Arschloch

gintonic
Postleitzahl: 82347

Ungelesener Beitrag von gintonic »

welcome ! - the uk goverment does not like old cars because there
is no tax on the car after 30 years as far I can remember.. :mrgreen:
Whats fair in my opinion because a 30 years old car has done
its duty to feed the goverments pockets...

Still, its fun to watch an old opel with RHD - rare to find and see
and lucky you found the most wanted coupe version !

So - as you will not find much fans for your "muscle" Astra Mk2 here,
still I would like to see an onboard video when the car takes
off with more than 300bhp or the sound when you switch the NOS
"on" !!!

Most spareparts for your seventies cpe are available - so just ask..

Cheers and welcome again

UK-Rekordcoupe

Cheers guys! I know i am really lucky to have her im gonna make it count when i restore her too she'll be stunning, The uk government doesnt like anything 10 years or above here hence stricter MOT tests, scrappage scheme and the fact that they have been trying to get old cars off the road completly makes it near impossible to get parts, yeah the astra just needs the management sorting then its off to das nurburgring lol. i didnt think the astra would be of much intrest on here, i put it up to show what the rekord would be like when its done, but yeah i'll post a video up of it when i take it out, its insane its far too powerful for what it is just spins in every gear.

A few part i need for the rekord:

Interior light
window winder handle
commodore grill
commodore rostyle wheels
chrome arch trims
commodore rev counter

if anyone has these parts please let me know. Thanks.

Interstate76
Postleitzahl: 35435

Ungelesener Beitrag von Interstate76 »

Hi,

welcome here. The picture quality is bad, but it looks like the Coupe is in good condition. I hope so.
But keep the rims! They look really great on that car... :D
Have fun and enjoy the "german way of driving" ;)

Greetz Dennis

UK-Rekordcoupe

Interstate76 hat geschrieben:Hi,

welcome here. The picture quality is bad, but it looks like the Coupe is in good condition. I hope so.
But keep the rims! They look really great on that car... :D
Have fun and enjoy the "german way of driving" ;)

Greetz Dennis
Thanks Dennis, yeah its always dark when i take them so looks grainy. Everyone says keep the rims but i dont like them they look cheap and remind me of a Suzuki sj410 Lol. im after a set of commodore rostyles for it, thats were you guys come in because ive got no chance of getting them over here. Lol, to tell you the truth mate the german way is the only way over here whatever you guys do gets copied over here anyway because our car scene is terrible! ha ha ha.

gintonic
Postleitzahl: 82347

Ungelesener Beitrag von gintonic »

Lol, to tell you the truth mate the german way is the only way over here whatever you guys do gets copied over here anyway because our car scene is terrible! ha ha ha.UK-Rekordcoupe
Chrome rims are not a bad thing on a Opel and just to get it right - do your rims have 4 or 5 bolts ?

And to get the parts to your island is not so difficult - you send money - you get parts or you pick your
parts in Germany yourself - with a 300hp Astra you should be able to cross our country in 4 hours..north to south :mrgreen:

cheers

UK-Rekordcoupe

gintonic hat geschrieben:
Lol, to tell you the truth mate the german way is the only way over here whatever you guys do gets copied over here anyway because our car scene is terrible! ha ha ha.UK-Rekordcoupe
Chrome rims are not a bad thing on a Opel and just to get it right - do your rims have 4 or 5 bolts ?

And to get the parts to your island is not so difficult - you send money - you get parts or you pick your
parts in Germany yourself - with a 300hp Astra you should be able to cross our country in 4 hours..north to south :mrgreen:

cheers
Lol, i was thinking of coming over to get parts but i'd need to bring a load back just to make it worth my trip and where can i find a mountain of rekord/commo parts in one place? the hubs are 4 stud at the min but ive just bought some 5 stud ones off german ebay thats how much i want these wheels! Lol.

Antworten